Jason Statham is a very successful movie star, and he is a very handsome man!
His hairstyle and beard are quite different from many other celebrities due to him losing his hair at a young age.
Jason has embraced this natural occurrence and sports a buzzcut, showing everyone that there is no need to try and cover up the natural thinning of a man’s hair!
Are you suffering from your hair beginning to thin and you’re not sure what style to go for to best embrace the look?
Or perhaps you admire Jason Statham and want to know more about his hair and beard style!
Read on to find out everything you need to know about Jason Statham’s haircut number, style and beard!
Who Is Jason Statham?
Jason Statham is a Derbyshire born moviestar!
Earlier in his life, he was selected for Britain’s diving team, as well as being a very good football player.
It sounds like there isn’t much he can’t do, doesn’t it?! His acting career began in 1997 when he started his modeling career.
He then got his first role in a film in 1998, where he was cast in ‘Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels’.
His most famous works have been his role in ‘The Mechanic’, ‘The Expendables’ and ‘Crank’.
In his personal life, Jason has been dating Rosie Huntington-Whiteley since 2010, the Victoria Secret Supermodel.
They have since had a child together. Jason Statham has a net worth of $70 million dollars.
What Is Jason Statham’s Style?
Jason Statham has great style, despite starting to lose his hair in his 20’s. He is a fantastic example for men who lose their hair young.
His style, despite being adverse to the norm, is very sought after! His style is very simple and easy to execute.
He switches between two styles most of the time.
Completely Shaven Head
Sometimes, Jason opts for a completely shaven head. He pairs this look with a short stubble beard.
Short Buzz Cut
The majority of the time Jason allows the parts of his hair that remains to grow out slightly.
He never goes past a number 3 guard on the razor, though! Again, Jason is more often than not sporting a short stubble beard.
How To Recreate Jason Statham’s Style: Recreating His Beard
Statham’s beard is very simple to recreate. Follow the steps below to successfully style your beard like Jason:
Grow Your Beard
First, you will have to grow your beard for about 3 days.
This will be different for each person, so grow it until you have a length of about 4mm.
When your hair has reached the desired length, you should start trimming your facial hair.
To do this, grab your electric beard trimmer and place the 3mm guard on it.
Go over all your facial hair to make sure it is the same length all over.
Tidy Up The Edges
When you have trimmed your facial hair, ensure you tidy up the edges, making sure that the neckline is neat and tidy.
Maintaining A Beard Like Jason Statham’s
This beard style is not very difficult to maintain.
Once you have grown out the initial stubble, all you need to do is trim it down every few days to ensure that the stubble remains even and does not get too long.
You will also want to ensure that you keep the neckline and cheek line trimmed so it looks neat and tidy.
What Tools Do You Need To Create This Style?
Recreating this beard style is not too difficult and does not require many tools. All you will need is:
- Some beard oil. This is to keep the hair and skin underneath moisturized. It will also keep the hair healthy and encourage hair growth.
- A beard trimmer. This is used to initially cut, and maintain the style.
- A beard comb. Although with this beard style, you do not need to comb your beard often, giving it a quick comb every now and again will keep it healthy as it spreads out the natural oils more evenly.
Tips For People With A Beard
Have you successfully recreated Jason Statham’s beard, but now you’re looking for some advice on how to look after it? Look no further.
Here are some great tips for those with a beard:
- Patience is a virtue! Noone’s beard grows at the same rate, some are slower than others, and some may grow less evenly than others. Don’t fret! Be patient, and, in time, you will be able to grow enough stubble for this look.
- Never neglect your beard and let it grow out to be too unruly. Keep it trimmed well and keep the edges nice and neat.
- Always use beard oil on your facial hair. This keeps your beard healthy, and also encourages hair growth. As well as this, if the skin underneath your facial hair becomes dry, this will moisten it up.
- Never wash your beard with the same products you use to wash your hair. Shampoo contains harsh chemicals and will dry out and damage your facial hair. Use a special beard shampoo.
- Some beards may not suit your face shape. Give each style a go before you decide though, as you might be pleasantly surprised!
- Eating well and exercising really affects the health of your hair. If you keep your body healthy and happy, your hair will follow suit.
How To Recreate Jason Statham’s Style: Recreating His Hairstyle
Jason Statham’s hairstyle is referred to as the ‘buzz cut’. This is where the hair on your head is completely shaven.
Most of the time, Statham sports a number 2 or 3 cut on your electric hair trimmer.
See below for tips on how to successfully recreate this haircut:
- First, you will need to select the best trimmer length for you. Statham’s hair is more often than not a number 3 cut.
- Next, go over your head with the razor. Go over a few times to ensure that you have caught every part of the head.
- Finally, you will need to make sure that you maintain the length of the cut. Depending on the speed of your hair growth, you may need to trim it again every 3-7 days.
Why Choose The Jason Statham Haircut?
Seeing a moviestar who is embracing his natural baldness is a big step for men everywhere.
The unrealistic standard that all men have luscious locks well into middle age, or even older, is damaging and can make many men feel inadequate.
Statham’s look embraces this natural occurrence, and proves that you can look great doing it!
So, the Jason Statham cut is great for those who are bald or have thinning hair.
You don’t need to shave your head to cover up the thinning process, and you also don’t need to get hair implants or wear a wig if you don’t want to!
Instead, you can just embrace your natural hair.
You don’t even need to have a thinning head of hair to decide to opt for the buzzcut look! Some are choosing to go for this look.
How To Maintain This Hairstyle
This hairstyle requires very little maintenance. A simple trim every 3-7 days is basically all that is required.
No wax, products or conditioners are required.
If you’d like to, wash your scalp with a shampoo just to ensure that your hair is always nice and clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
When Did Jason Statham Lose His Hair?
Jason began losing his hair in his early twenties, and opted for this hair cut before his 30th birthday.
He is one of a handful of movie stars who lost their hair at a young age.
Will My Hair Grow Back After I Shave It?
If you have already lost your hair when you perform the buzz cut, your hair will not grow back anymore than before you cut it.
However, it is advisable to cut your hair so that it looks even and doesn’t seem patchy.
Why Do Some Men Suffer From Thinning Hair?
The main cause of thinning hair is genetics. It is often unavoidable and runs in the family.
If your Dad had thinning hair at a young age, you have more of a chance of having it too.
As well as this, stress and illness can cause premature hair loss.
Those in highly stressful jobs, or with a highly stressful home life, often begin to lose their hair at a younger age than people who don’t suffer from stress.
So, now you know everything there is to know about Jason Statham’s hair and beard.
Jason sports a great hairstyle for thinning hair and has embraced the natural occurrence with grace!
Jason has sent out a great message to the men of the world: you don’t need luscious locks to feel confident, embracing your natural hair looks great and will definitely feel great too!
After reading this, I hope you have the confidence to try out this look too!